- Why Do You Need Bike Helmets For Toddlers?
- Best Toddler Helmets Comparison Chart
- Best Bike Helmets For Toddlers Reviews
- Joovy Noodle Helmet, Blueberry
- Bell Infant Sprout Bike Helmet
- Giro Me2 Infant/Toddler Bike Helmet
- Lazer Baby on Board Helmet
- Schwinn Infant Helmet, Jungle
- Nutcase – Baby Nutty Bike Helmet for Babies and Toddlers
- Giro Scamp Bike Helmet – Kid’s
- Best Toddler Bike Helmets: A Buyer’s Guide
Teaching your child to ride a balance bike or going on a ride with your toddler, whatever the occasion is, you need to wear helmets and get one for your little one too. If want your toddler to race around on a balance you are going to need the best bike helmets for toddlers.
The main problem for buying a toddler bike helmet is that they are designed to fit school aged kids. When it comes to choosing a kids’ helmet, there’s literally less or no information available.
That’s where we come in. We have covered some of the best baby bike helmets on the market as well as a buyer’s guide for choosing the best kids bike helmet.
If you’re just starting to teach your child to ride a bike, make sure your child gets an early start on a balance bike. We have an in-depth article reviewing some of the best balance bikes on the market. You already know the benefits of a balance bike.
It’s a good idea to invest in a quality children’s helmet before you introduce your child to a pedal bike.
Why Do You Need Bike Helmets For Toddlers?
The purpose of a helmet is to reduce severe injuries to the head. This is something we all know, but what about for a toddler? Do toddlers need bike helmets? Well, yes. It’s a good thing to practice wearing helmets at a young age. There is no actual federal law that states a child needs to wear a helmet. Some states won’t allow a child under one being transported on a bicycle. Be sure to check your state laws.
Best Toddler Helmets Comparison Chart
Here’s a quick comparison chart compiles of what we think are the best bike helmets for toddlers. Just like how important it is to pick a good bike for your little one, it’s probably even more important to pick a good toddler bike helmet.
Best Bike Helmets For Toddlers Reviews
Let’s start by taking a more detailed look at the best toddler helmets on the market. These helmets are the highest rated and popular amongst parents from all over the world. Let’s have a look at what features makes these toddler bike helmets so great.
Joovy Noodle Helmet, Blueberry
The Joovy Noodle Helmet is the best sleek looking design helmet on our list. It one of the best all-rounders helmet available in the market. In terms comfort, protection and design this is the best. Joovy is also popular for making premium quality balance bikes.
- This helmet has 14 air vents will allow air to circulate around your baby’s head. In a warm weather, this helmet will give your child a cool & comfortable ride.
- Don’t worry about bugs getting inside. Thanks to the integrated bug mesh in the front vents it prevents bugs from flying into the helmet while you ride along.
- It has pinch guard chin strap. JOOVY toddler helmet comes with nylon straps. With a simple turn dial, this helmet adjusts easily to the length of the chin strap.
- Extended visor for maximum protection that also keeps the sun off your child’s face. The visor is solid. Unlike many toddler bikes that use plastic visors.
- The Joovy Noodle Helmet Fits head size: 18.5 – 20.5″. This is a good pick if you want to invest a little amount for your child’s safety.
- Plenty of air vents.
- Integrated bug mesh in the front vents Sleek design.
- Adjustable fit dial.
- Great value for money.
- There is nothing to hate about this one. This is why we have put the Joovy Noodle Helmet at the top of our list.
The Joovy Noodle Helmet has plenty of cooling vents, a simple, sleek design and provides excellent coverage, protection, and comfort. This is truly the best toddler helmet money can buy.
Bell Infant Sprout Bike Helmet
The best thing about Bell’s helmets is that they provide a wide range of designs to choose from. They produce some of the best quality toddler helmets in the market. In terms of safety and comfort, this helmet will not disappoint you.
- The best thing about Bell helmets is that they tend to be less expensive than other brands. They will also provide adequate protection for your toddler.
- The extended coverage helmet is created to provide extra protection to your child’s head. The back of the helmet is flat so that it won’t bump awkwardly in a car seat.
- Another unique feature to consider is that they have a wide range of colors to pick from. Even a picky little toddler won’t hesitate to put them on.
- This is a toddler bike helmet which suits perfectly for kids age 1 year and older. It uses True Fit® technology that requires only one adjustment for a correct fit every time.
- There is no doubt about the quality of this product. It is well constructed and very comfortable to wear. This helmet feels durable and lightweight.
- A wide range of designs available.
- Lightweight helmet.
- Durable enough to withstand occasional bumps.
- Grow with me’ padding to size-up helmet.
- Good helmet for a low price.
- This is the smallest helmet you can find. It is only for toddlers. We don’t recommend this helmet for 2.5-year-old kids.
The Bell Infant Sprout is a greatly designed helmet that will give your child extra safety and comfort. It has very high impact reflectors so that your child can even ride their bike in dim light and get noticed on the road. Overall, this is good toddler helmet at a low price.
Giro Me2 Infant/Toddler Bike Helmet
The Giro Me2 bike helmet is designed for infants and kids. They are designed with little ones in mind. Easy to use and fun to wear. The most eye-catching feature of this helmet is that it has fun designs and bug netting over all 6 air vents.
- The winning criteria of the Giro me2 helmet are that it is lightweight, easy to adjust and comfortable. It has several colorfully fanciful designs to choose from.
- It has a Roc Loc Jr. fit system that aligns perfectly with the curvature of your child’s head. The rubberized adjustment knob makes it easy to tighten the helmet.
- This is a micro shell helmet with a built-in bug net that covers its 6 air vents. Most of the helmets are hot to wear but we have found the cooling system much better than average helmets.
- The simple strap guides allow your child to put on the helmet without pinching the skin. It’s a good feature of the Giro’s Mini-Loc fit system.
- This bike helmet is for infants and toddlers with heads measuring of 18.75 to 20.5 inches in diameter.
- Unique and colorful designs.
- Good air ventilation.
- Easy to strap.
- Pinch-proof buckle.
- We would like to mention that this helmet is only for toddlers. Kids under 3 can easily wear it. Not for kids above 3 years old.
The Giro Me2 Infant/Toddler Bike Helmet is packed with the same features found in adult bike helmets. Comfortable, easy way to fit and colorful designs make it one of the best bike helmets for toddlers.
Lazer Baby on Board Helmet
The Lazer BOB (Baby on Board) helmet is a popular choice among parents for its playful design and safety features. As the name suggests, this helmet was designed with the littlest riders in mind. The Lazer BOB is a great starter helmet at a great price.
- This helmet is packed with smart features like the 360-reflective material. This material is used for high visibility. Even on a low or dim light, you can keep an eye on your little rider.
- Another great feature of this helmet is the Comfit3 Retention System. This retention system on the back gives a secure fit as your little one grows.
- The back of this helmet is flat. It has removable soft pads and neck reinforcement for extra support so that your kids can sit comfortably in a bike seat or bike trailer.
- It comes with a total of 6 vents throughout the helmet. Keeps the inside of the helmet cool in warm climates.
- Super soft fit pads and special padding keeps the chin cool and comfortable. It’s super light that weighs only 277g.
- Very comfortable to wear.
- Easy to clean the straps.
- Good ventilation.
- A wide variety of designs.
- Good starter price.
- Don’t expect this helmet to fit kids of a larger head circumference. The adjuster in the back is not that good.
The Lazer Baby On Board helmet is for the littlest riders. Fits smaller head circumference than other helmets on the market. It has a hard-shell construction that makes it very durable. Overall, this is a good starter helmet for the money.
Schwinn Infant Helmet, Jungle
If you are in search of a great protective headgear for your child, The Schwinn Infant Helmet will be a good choice. Schwinn is a popular brand in the balance bike industry. There is no doubt that this helmet will lack any quality.
- In terms of comfort, the Schwinn infant helmet is very comfortable. Its 360-degree internal padding system makes it easy to fit and adjust.
- The lower molded shell gives extra protection from damage and increases the durability of the helmet.
- On the helmet, it has 6 air flow vents to keep your little one’s head cool and comfy. The vents are slightly larger than other helmets. larger air vents mean more air can pass through.
- It uses dial fit to adjust larger or smaller head accurately. The extended rear coverage provides additional safety in the back.
- This helmet will fit head circumference of 46 cm and up. You can even put it on a 10-month-old.
- Cute graphical designs.
- Comfortable internal padding.
- Dial fit system for adjustability.
- Gender neutral helmet.
- Very affordable.
- Don’t expect this helmet to last for a long time because the Velcro is glued to the shell. Which means when the glue runs dry, the helmet will split off from the strap.
If you are looking for the perfect helmet for infants at a great price, The Schwinn Infant Helmet will certainly be a good deal. It’s cute, safe and comfortable. Your kids will love it.
Nutcase – Baby Nutty Bike Helmet for Babies and Toddlers
In the hunt for the best bike helmet for kids, Baby Nutty Bike Helmet by Nutcase is a big hit. Primarily because they are cute. The wide variety of colorful and fun designs. Fits perfectly on a toddler’s head and feels comfortable.
- One helmet for every occasion. These helmets are good for skateboarding and roller skating as well as biking. You don’t need to purchase separate helmets.
- This helmet is filled with protective EPS foam. It has noggin coverage for 12-36-month-old. Like other helmets on this list, it has flat back surface.
- Rather than using a dial, it uses an elastic fit system. No more pinching, thanks to the Fidlock magnetic closure. It makes it very easy to open and close.
- The Nutcase toddler helmet is very lightweight. It also features 11 vents on its in-mold shell to keep your little rider cool all day long.
- The Easy-on fit system grows with your toddler. The design encourages optimal bike seat posture. CPSC certified for 1 year and older.
- Baby Nutty’s elastic fit system is perfect for growing kids.
- Ergo-design for optimal bike seat posture.
- Very lightweight, good for small heads.
- Good ventilation system.
- Comfortable padding.
- Because of its great quality, it is slightly more expensive than most other bike helmets in this list.
If you are looking for a premium quality helmet that has a multi-purpose functionality, look no further. The Nutcase – Baby Nutty Bike Helmet is sure to give you everything you need in a toddler bike helmet.
Giro Scamp Bike Helmet – Kid’s
The Giro Scamp Bike Helmet is packed with all the latest features you can find on an adult helmet. This helmet is packed with amazing features and designed to fit your child’s head.
- The Giro Scamp comes with the Roc Loc Jr. fit system that aligns perfectly with the curvature of your child’s head. The rubberized adjustment knob is perfect for secure fit of the helmet.
- The helmet is constructed using in-mold polycarbonate shell for durability and toughness. It uses the same elements found in their best adult helmets.
- In terms of comfort, it has pinch guard buckle, well-padded on the inside. Your kids will surely love this one.
- The Giro scamp helmet comes in two sizes. X-Small of toddlers and Small for kids. Your child can use this helmet as they move from balance bikes to pedal bikes.
- One of the few toddler bike helmets that come with or without MIPS technology. MIPS stands for “Multi-Directional Impact System.”
- It is lightweight.
- Easy to adjust.
- Very comfortable.
- Rubberized adjustment knob.
- Awesome collection of design.
- The only helmet without any kind of negative reviews or faults.
The Giro Scamp toddler helmet is absolutely the best in quality and comfort. State of the art protection technology, the beautiful design makes it well worth the money.
Best Toddler Bike Helmets: A Buyer’s Guide
What To Look For In A Toddler Helmet
There is nothing more exciting than getting your kid into cycling. While it’s fun for your child but make sure they are safe. Getting the proper bike helmet for kids is necessary. Therefore, we have put together a buyer’s guide for you. Here is what you should look for when choosing a kids’ bike helmet.
To get the best fit, you should first measure your child’s head circumference with a vinyl tape. Measure just above the ears. When designing helmets this spot is where most bike helmet measurements are sought. If you don’t have a flexible tape measure, you can use a piece of string to measure its length.
If you want to save some cash, in the long run, it’s a good idea to get a helmet that’s size can be adjusted using a dial. In the interest of growing children, these are the perfect helmets to buy.
Rider Specific Design
There are some bike helmets that have flat back. This is beneficial for kids who ride in trailers or child bike seats. The flat surface prevents their little head from being pushed forward by the back of the seat. These are also suitable for riding a balance bike.
Adjustability is important. Poorly adjusted helmets easily fall off or move around. This greatly reduces the helmet’s effectiveness. Most of the helmets have dial-in or self-adjusting systems that allow the helmet to be adjusted properly.
Having a good amount of ventilation is the key if you want your child to have fun when they go for a ride in the hot summer days. Any helmet that lacks ventilation may cause your child’s head to overheat when riding. This won’t be any fun and they will most likely take the helmet off.
Know the state rules properly. There are some states that don’t allow you to carry a child younger than 12 months old in a bike seat or a trailer. Know the laws of your state before buying a helmet for your kids.
All the toddler helmet in our list are very popular among parents. We have carefully selected only 7 among hundreds of helmets on the market. Toddlers tend to be picky, that’s why we gathered up the best toddler bike helmets to make your buying decision much easier.
Hope you liked this article, leave a comment below and let us know which one of our best bike helmets for toddlers you picked.